Paramount CRT (aka Cycle Racing Team) based in Shropshire, England, has it’s roots firmly in road racing.
Set up by five racers including Mike Jones and Phil Ward twenty five years ago the club has grown, as has cycling, to include a wider cross section of riders with varying wants and needs. We have seasoned, indeed national champion road racers with a huge amount of experience and we have cyclists who want a helping hand to take their first step into racing. We have time trialists, sportive riders, cx riders and mountain bikers and many that do a few or all of these.
What all of us want, I think, is to be the best we can and to enjoy getting out on our bikes. We hope that Paramount CRT is an environment in which you can do just that, where you can learn from others and that through the racing team, a mix of juniors and seniors, we can help bring on the next generation, inspire you and create something to aspire to.
- Paramount’s activities are mainly in competitive road cycling – road racing, time trialling, sportives and training
- Members also take part in cyclo-cross, track cycling, mountain-biking and down-hilling
- Paramount is affiliated to British Cycling
- Paramount aims to help its members achieve the highest standard of cycling, competitive or recreational, that they aspire to
- It aims to provide a forum for advice and support for its members and to encourage, foster and promote cycling in the wider community
- Paramount supports a sponsored premier racing team, a mix of juniors and seniors, drawn from membership of the club
- Runs regular club rides, irregular big days out, training camps, races, reliability rides and social events
- Hosts a closed facebook group forum for advice and to facilitate ad-hoc rides with other members, and a calendar showing club, local and national events
- Provides high quality club kit at cost prices
The club is sponsored by Stan’s Cycles